[kde-freebsd] HEADS UP: [CFT] KDE SC 4.4.0 for FreeBSD.

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Thu Feb 18 04:14:47 CET 2010

> /usr/local/kde4/bin/nepomukserver and /usr/local/kde4/bin/nepomukservicestub
> do not exist.
>
> /usr/local/lib/soprano/libsoprano_virtuosobackend.so, which does exist.

All three files exist on my system. It would seem that something did not
get recompiled properly and Nepomuk is not actually present.

libsoprano_virtuosobackend.so should have been installed by soprano
itself. The other two files should be provided by kdebase4-runtime.

Check that your configuration for textproc/soprano (to be found at
/var/db/ports/soprano/options) only lists one option, dealing with the
sesame backend. Then rebuild soprano and check whether
libsoprano_virtuosobackend.so has appeared on your file system. If yes,
try rebuilding kdebase4-runtime.

I think it is quite likely you are simply dealing with a few stale
installed ports.

- Bartosz