[kde-freebsd] question about kde4 Makefiles

Rusty Nejdl rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com
Wed Feb 10 22:30:34 CET 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:09:08 -0500, Toren Correnos  wrote:

I realize
that this is almost certainly a noobish question, but I have to ask. the
Makefiles for all of the kde4 ports set the version as KDE4_VERSION. I
cannot find where this is set, as there are no includes listed before this
line. Is this variable set via some sort file akin to /etc/make.conf? If
not, is there some other magic I am not aware of that makes it work? I
realize that this is probably quite a dumb question, but I would very much
appreciate any response.

Go to /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.kde4.mk and you will
see :

KDE4_VERSION= 4.3.5
KDE4_BRANCH?= stable

Hope that helps.