[kde-freebsd] k3b-kde4 crashes after audio rip

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 04:30:35 CEST 2010

13:53:26 David Naylor wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > k3b-kde4 is crashing
when closing the Audio rip dialog (after ripping
> > > has started).  This
happens if ripping is cancelled or finished.

> > > See attached for
the traceback.

> > > Removing the ``delete d->paranoiaLib'' line from
k3baudioripjob.cpp
> > > fixes the problem.
> > >
> > > Regards
> >
> > Do
you know if this is FreeBSD-specific? At first glance it looks like
> > it's
better to report it on bugs.kde.org so Michal can fix it upstream.

Another two items that I have found:
>  - k3b does not rip the tracks in
order
>  - track 1 doesn't get ripped unless done individually
>
> I will
be surprised if it wasn't FreeBSD specific as surely someone picked
> up
this problem before?

> Is there a good KDE4 based debugger, I'll try
track down the problem (and
> provide patches)?
>
> Regards

The only
debugger I know of is gdb, were you looking for something GUI-based? It'd be
good to at least open the reports on bugs.kde.org and see if the upstream
developers can provide any guidance on how to solve those problems in case
they're FreeBSD-specific.