[kde-freebsd] Fwd: cups 1.3.9 (from ports) && Cyrillic fonts

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Apr 13 17:02:53 CEST 2010

El día Wednesday, April 14, 2010 a las 01:02:10AM +1100, Dima Panov escribió:

> 1. Your cups installation is very outdated.

I know, but this it what 8-CURRENT have had in the ports;

> 2. This filter generate correct postscript file for me. except greek characters.

what is the diff between your provided file 1.ps and 2.ps?
both are showing fine Cyrillic, but error for the Greek chars in
Ghostview:

Substituting .notdef for Tau in the font Courier
Substituting .notdef for omicron in the font Courier
Substituting .notdef for epsilon in the font Courier
Substituting .notdef for gamma in the font Courier
Substituting .notdef for alpha in the font Courier
Substituting .notdef for lambda in the font Courier
Substituting .notdef for omicrontonos in the font Courier

could you show me your file /usr/local/share/cups/charsets/utf-8 or do
you know why my ps.gz file (attached) does not work in Ghostview for the
Cyrillic chars? Thanks again;

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211