[kde-freebsd] k3b freebsd contact

Heiner h.eichmann at gmx.de
Fri Oct 9 21:42:38 CEST 2009

On Friday 09 October 2009, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> On Friday 09 October 2009 19:05:26 Andriy Gapon wrote:
> > Who would be the best person to discuss some things in
> >  k3bscsicommand_bsd.cpp?
>
> that would be the port maintainer, I think. He did virtually all the
> work getting it to even work on FreeBSD.

Hi!

That's me, although I am planning to retire here: I have currently not enought
resources to move to KDE4 so that I will most likley be unable to do the KDE4
port of k3b once it is available. Is anybody here who wants to take the k3b
port?

I have indeed written all FreeBSD specifc code of k3b. I can try to answer
some questions about k3bscsicommand_bsd.cpp but I have to admit, that I wrote
that although I did not understand cam at all. k3bscsicommand_bsd.cpp is the
result of code grabbing from other programs, internet research and user
feedback. So if your questions are about cam details I guess it is better to
ask an cam expert. freebsd-scsi might be a better mailing list in this case.

Best regards,

Heiner