[kde-freebsd] ensuring KDE svn trunk builds on BSD

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Nov 17 22:38:42 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm looking for people who are interested in providing Nightly builds of KDE 4
svn trunk for Solaris.
Recently we set up cdash dashboards for several KDE modules (kdesupport,
kdelibs, kdebase, kdepimlibs, kdepim, kdenetwork, kdeadmin,
kdeaccessibility , kdeexamples) on http://my.cdash.org.

The idea is to build KDE every night on different machines and operating
systems to make sure it stays building everywhere.
If something breaks, notification emails with the errors can be sent, e.g. to
this list or to the committers.

Until now only me and Volker Krause are providing Nightly builds there, and
both on Linux. Now most KDE developers are using Linux, so having Nightly
builds on non-Linux systems is actually even more important.

So, is anybody here interested to run a Nightly build of KDE on
Free/Net/OpenBSD once per day ?

I still have to document this somewhere, probably on techbase, on how to get
this working.
Short version: check out kdesdk/, there in cmake/scripts/ is a shell script
Nightlys-2.6.2, which is the shell script which drives the Nightly build on
my machine. If you open it, the places which have to be changed should be
obvious, i.e. the path to cmake, setting CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH, and not that much
more.

So, if you are interested, please let me know and I'll help with setting it
up.
The first step should probably be that you head over to my.cdash.org and get
yourself an account there.

Alex