[kde-freebsd] KMail spawns zombies (28 versions later ;) )

Sascha Holzleiter sascha at holzleiter.name
Thu Nov 12 12:18:42 CET 2009

> Hi everybody!
>
> Can anyone confirm that Kmail creates broken process every once in while
> on FreeBSD? I have the issue on multiple machines and reported it now[1]
>
> Thanks for your help!

I see this too and can produce zombies by viewing a GPG/PGP signed email. So
it seems everytime kmail spawns a gpg process to determine the signature
status a new zombie is born. I don't know if it's only gpg or a general
problem when kmail spawns an external program. I never investigated any
further as it is only a slight annoyance.