[kde-freebsd] Konqueror Unusable

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Sat May 23 10:06:17 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 20 May 2009 23:28:50 Mel Flynn wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 May 2009 22:15:13 David Naylor wrote:
> > >
> > > I should resurrect my Xorg jail using Alexander Leidinger's patches,
> > > unfortunately ENOTIME at the moment.
> >
> > I made an important discover [for me at least] (just before sending in a
> > bug report to KDE).  The text boxes work fine!  They just do not respond
> > to left-mouse-click (or right-mouse-click if using left-handed mouse).
> >
> > I can get a cursor if I tab to the textbox.  Once tabbed in the mouse
> > works as expected (I'm able to relocate the cursor via clicking).
> > Keyboard inputs also work as expected.
>
> Wow, confirmed. Totally weird and nothing in log either. Started via
> Konsole and once actually in the textarea using "click on then tab":
>
> konqueror(42652) Sonnet::Loader::loadPlugin: Successfully loaded plugin:
> "kspell_enchant.desktop"
> konqueror(42652) Sonnet::Loader::loadPlugin: Successfully loaded plugin:
> "kspell_aspell.desktop"
> konqueror(42652) Sonnet::Loader::loadPlugin: Successfully loaded plugin:
> "kspell_hspell.desktop"
> Enchant dict for "en_US" 0x2fc60140
> konqueror(42652) KHTMLView::focusNextPrevChild: focusNode.name:  "TEXTAREA"
> konqueror(42652) Sonnet::Highlighter::slotRehighlight:
> Highlighter::slotRehighlight()
>
> This doesn't fire when clicking on the control. Since google doesn't show
> me anything useful, I'm enclined to think that it's FreeBSD specific :/

Some bad news (depending on your perceptive).  I've recompiled KDE4 on my 7.1
system.  I used startx->startkde4 (in chroot), then in konsole: kill twm;
kwin.  With both twm and kwin I didn't have any problems...  This is looking
to be FreeBSD -current specific.

I also tried replacing kwin with twm in -current and the middle click problem
goes away but the texbox one doesn't.

The difference between the depslists (from -current to 7.1):
+libgcrypt-1.4.4
+libgpg-error-1.7
-pth-2.0.7