[kde-freebsd] Konqueror Unusable

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.kde at mailing.thruhere.net
Wed May 20 23:28:50 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 20 May 2009 22:15:13 David Naylor wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 May 2009 21:37:58 Mel Flynn wrote:
> > On Wednesday 20 May 2009 20:02:55 David Naylor wrote:
> > > This will fix the middle click problem.  If it were easy to downgrade
> > > to Xserver-1.5 then that might confirm the hypothesis.
> >
> > I should resurrect my Xorg jail using Alexander Leidinger's patches,
> > unfortunately ENOTIME at the moment.
>
> I made an important discover [for me at least] (just before sending in a
> bug report to KDE).  The text boxes work fine!  They just do not respond to
> left-mouse-click (or right-mouse-click if using left-handed mouse).
>
> I can get a cursor if I tab to the textbox.  Once tabbed in the mouse works
> as expected (I'm able to relocate the cursor via clicking).  Keyboard
> inputs also work as expected.

Wow, confirmed. Totally weird and nothing in log either. Started via Konsole
and once actually in the textarea using "click on then tab":

konqueror(42652) Sonnet::Loader::loadPlugin: Successfully loaded plugin:
"kspell_enchant.desktop"
konqueror(42652) Sonnet::Loader::loadPlugin: Successfully loaded plugin:
"kspell_aspell.desktop"
konqueror(42652) Sonnet::Loader::loadPlugin: Successfully loaded plugin:
"kspell_hspell.desktop"
Enchant dict for "en_US" 0x2fc60140
konqueror(42652) KHTMLView::focusNextPrevChild: focusNode.name:  "TEXTAREA"
konqueror(42652) Sonnet::Highlighter::slotRehighlight:
Highlighter::slotRehighlight()

This doesn't fire when clicking on the control. Since google doesn't show me
anything useful, I'm enclined to think that it's FreeBSD specific :/
--
Mel