[kde-freebsd] kde4 Response

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Thu May 14 03:50:56 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 13 May 2009 01:22:32 pm you wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 May 2009 12:46:48 pm Kent Stewart wrote:
> > It was a brand new system. Miwi pointed out last night that kde-4
> > requires hal and dbus, which was not running. I enabled them in my
> > rc.conf and that solved part of the problems. However, if I have multiple
> > tasks running in their individual konsoles, each konsole seems to get 2
> > second, 100% shares. This makes using the machine very clunky and much
> > slower.
>
> I can assure that this is not normal. But I'm not an expert so there's not
> much I can do to help, other than to direct you to forums.kde.org.

I went there and they pointed to a wiki on x and I went there. I added

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option "DontZoom" "True"
        Option "DontZap" "False"
        Option "AllowEmptyInput" "False"
        Option "AutoAddDevices" "False"
EndSection

to my xorg.conf and the konsoles all shared. The Dont's were new and so was
Allow...". I will have to see what happens after a few hours. I have thought
things were fine too soon, too many times :). I also thought AllowEmptyInput
was fixed with moused.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart