[kde-freebsd] No response to mouse, keyboard

Ian Fitzgerald ianf at ozemail.com.au
Sat Mar 28 09:28:20 CET 2009

Hi. Not sure which list is appropriate for this, so this is elimination
process.
Minimal install FreeBSD 7.1, with mouse daemon and Linux binaries enabled.
buildworld, buildkernel after cvsupfiles downloaded.

Installed by package:
Gnome 2
KDE4

Installed by port:
/lang/fpc
/editors/lazarus

/etc/ttys edited to load kdm at boot

Problem is kdm (I think) login displays after boot, with cursor flashing
in first writable icon (user id), with mouse (text) cursor (caret)
hovering over it, but it then disappears, and no further response to
keyboard or mouse. Where should I look first?

IanF.