[kde-freebsd] Patch for pykde4

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Mar 25 21:00:59 CET 2009

Matt wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Max Brazhnikov <makc at issp.ac.ru> wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:39:42 -0400, Kris Moore wrote:
>>> Not sure who's working on the kdebindings-python-pykde4 port, so I
>>> figured I'd just post here. Attached is a patch file which fixes
>>> __init__.py, and allows the pykde4 bindings to work properly, both on
>>> i386 and amd64 as well.
>>>
>>> Just throw this into the
>>> /usr/ports/devel/kdebindings-python-pykde4/files and it'll apply
>>> automatically.
>> Thanks Kris,
>> I'll add patch to area51.
>
> Do we need to add a .pth file for this port as well?  I've been unable
> to get python to recognize the PyKDE bindings without adding an extra
> path the the Python sys.path.  For my testing I've included a file
> named:
> /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyKDE4.pth
>
> This file contains a single line:
> /usr/local/kde4/lib/python2.5/site-packages
>
> Adding this allowed Python to find the PyKDE bindings.
>
> Matt

In the port I did here, I modified it to not place the PyKDE4 stuff into
/usr/local/kde4/lib/python2.5/site-packages, and instead put them in
/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages with all the other python
scripts. That seems to work perfectly here.

Here's my older patch to area51 which does this, and also updates
kdeutils4 and kdeadmin4 to include the printer applet stuff. Just apply
this patch on top of area51 / ports, and then copy over the latest
patch-init I had sent over previously. It should build and work
correctly, but it may need some inspection / cleanup before going into
area51. Not sure if I'm doing it the "correct" way by putting it in
/usr/local/lib/python, but it works fine on amd64 / i386 here.

--

Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software