[kde-freebsd] Patch for pykde4

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 20:43:02 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Max Brazhnikov <makc at issp.ac.ru> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:39:42 -0400, Kris Moore wrote:
>> Not sure who's working on the kdebindings-python-pykde4 port, so I
>> figured I'd just post here. Attached is a patch file which fixes
>> __init__.py, and allows the pykde4 bindings to work properly, both on
>> i386 and amd64 as well.
>>
>> Just throw this into the
>> /usr/ports/devel/kdebindings-python-pykde4/files and it'll apply
>> automatically.
>
> Thanks Kris,
> I'll add patch to area51.

Do we need to add a .pth file for this port as well?  I've been unable
to get python to recognize the PyKDE bindings without adding an extra
path the the Python sys.path.  For my testing I've included a file
named:
/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyKDE4.pth

This file contains a single line:
/usr/local/kde4/lib/python2.5/site-packages

Adding this allowed Python to find the PyKDE bindings.

Matt