[kde-freebsd] Qt 4.5.0 and PCH

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Sun Mar 22 16:35:14 CET 2009

On Sunday 22 March 2009 06:36:34 am Bartosz Fabianowski wrote:
> Hi list
>
> As I had some spare time this weekend, I tried to track down why Qt
> 4.5.0 fails to compile with PCH under FreeBSD (maybe this is common
> knowledge, but I could not find it anywhere in the Internet). It turns
> out that the problem is, yet again, the include order. The file
> src/gui/kernel/qt_gui_pch.h right at the start includes the Qt-3-style
> <qglobal.h> which, at least on my system, pick up Qt3's
> /usr/local/include/qglobal.h instead of the intended Qt4 version.
>
> I have not found a way to reverse the include order and fix this yet.

The core problem is the GTK+ pkg-config information lists
"/usr/local/include". GTK+ is needed for the new QGtkStyle, and this
information gets added to CXXFLAGS, which qmake puts before INCLUDEPATH.

The official word from Trolltech on this kind of conflict, is that they do not
support Qt being installed to "system directories". It's too late now to fix
the Qt3 port, unfortunately.

--
David Johnson