[kde-freebsd] [RFC] Relocating misc/koffice-i18* to editors/koffice-i18*

Thomas Abthorpe tabthorpe at freebsd.org
Thu Jun 18 16:00:53 CEST 2009

Hi all.

I am about to open a can of worms, and thought I would start here.

Short story. I think it makes sense to move the internationalised koffice
ports out of the misc category to the editors category. Keeps in line with
most other ports best practises.

Long story. A lot of Internationalisation/Localisation stuff is just placed in
misc because there is no other home for it. I am going to go down the path of
proposing a new category called localization. I suspect it will take a while,
but to me it is worth the effort. It is generally accepted ttha your need at
least 20 ports to make the new category worth while.

Most of the misc/localisation stuff applies to kde anyway, but I think we
should think bigger than kde, knowing that other projects could benefit from
this new initiative.

So I think that rerooting misc/koffice* to editors/koffice* will make the
migration to a localization category a little easier.

Comments, question, concerns, flames, death threats? You know how to reach me.

Thomas

--
Thomas Abthorpe		| FreeBSD Committer
tabthorpe at FreeBSD.org	| http://people.freebsd.org/~tabthorpe