[kde-freebsd] KDE 4.2 - Missing printer app?

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Thu Jan 15 19:58:10 CET 2009

On Thursday 15 January 2009 08:04:47 am Kris Moore wrote:
> Besides that, I just noticed that I cannot find the new kde printing
> wizard which is supposed to be apart of KDE 4.2 again. Is it not in the
> beta2, or do we have it disabled for some reason in the build right now?

Do you mean the "printer applet"? I didn't have it on my Linooks box either,
and it turned out that's because I didn't have PyKDE and some other
dependencies installed. It also has hal-cups-utils and system-config-printer
as runtime dependencies for autoconfig of printers. I'm not finding hal-cups-
utils in ports anywhere. To add to the weirdness, system-config-printer
requires PyGTK, making this KDE component dependent GTK+.

David