[kde-freebsd] KDE 4.2 BETA 2 slowness

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 23:47:00 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 3:38 PM, David Johnson <david at usermode.org> wrote:
> On Monday 12 January 2009 12:39:42 am Diego Depaoli wrote:
>> Yes, on my system kde4.2 has some problem talking with dbus.
>> Running 'dbus-launch konqueror (or dolhpin)' within konsole improves speed?
>
> Yes, that seems to improve startup time considerably. But Matt's related
> suggestion to start startkde with dbus-launch did not help.
>
> At least this narrows it down to dbus configuration. I haven't done anything
> at all with dbus. Is there anything special that needs to be done? I notice

The only customization possibly related to this that I have is a
modification to hal that disables mouse polling as described at:
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/halfaq.html

I did this a while back to help with some latent CPU-load that the
mouse polling (in X.org I think) was adding to the system.  I haven't
verified lately if this is even necessary anymore.

Matt