[kde-freebsd] KDE 4.2 BETA 2 slowness

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Mon Jan 12 22:38:25 CET 2009

On Monday 12 January 2009 12:39:42 am Diego Depaoli wrote:
> Yes, on my system kde4.2 has some problem talking with dbus.
> Running 'dbus-launch konqueror (or dolhpin)' within konsole improves speed?

Yes, that seems to improve startup time considerably. But Matt's related
suggestion to start startkde with dbus-launch did not help.

At least this narrows it down to dbus configuration. I haven't done anything
at all with dbus. Is there anything special that needs to be done? I notice
that the KDE4 dbus files are in a different location
(/usr/local/kde4/share/dbus) than the system dbus files
(/usr/local/share/dbus). Does this cause a problem?

David