[kde-freebsd] Forcing port builds to ignore qt3 header files

David Johnson djohnson at ics.com
Thu Feb 19 18:36:47 CET 2009

On Thursday 19 February 2009 06:44:32 am Matt wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> There's a thread on the -ports mailing list (
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2009-February/053157.html
> ) that's discussing an issue someone is having with the new
> kipi-plugins-kde4 and digikam-kde4 ports picking up on qt3 headers and
> thereby failing to compile.  We verified that changing to qt4-style
> includes in the affected files (i.e. using QApplication instead of
> qapplication.h) did workaround the problem, but that's a time
> consuming effort and doesn't seem like it should be necessary.

Actually, it is necessary due to cmake quirkiness. It rearranges include and
library paths when it generates makefiles. Meaning that you can't control
which of two identically named header files gets seen first.

Patching/editing the affcted files seems to be the only solution. I recall
doing that for a few 4.0 ports.

--
David Johnson