[kde-freebsd] Forcing port builds to ignore qt3 header files

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 15:44:32 CET 2009

Hello all.

There's a thread on the -ports mailing list (
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2009-February/053157.html
) that's discussing an issue someone is having with the new
kipi-plugins-kde4 and digikam-kde4 ports picking up on qt3 headers and
thereby failing to compile.  We verified that changing to qt4-style
includes in the affected files (i.e. using QApplication instead of
qapplication.h) did workaround the problem, but that's a time
consuming effort and doesn't seem like it should be necessary.

Is there a different way to keep port builds from mistakenly grabbing
qt3 headers instead of qt4?  I've looked through the cmake files and
it looks like the builds should just do-the-right-thing, but
apparently that is not always the case.  I can't reproduce the problem
on my workstation where I have both qt3 and qt4 ports installed -
everything for digikam and kipi-plugins builds fine for me.

Thanks,
Matt