[kde-freebsd] Amarok2 port available for testing

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 02:22:43 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 6:08 PM, Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd at chillt.de> wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I just upgraded to KDE4 and noticed that Amarok 2 is nowhere to be
> found. Does anyone know what is holding it up?
>
> The relevant PR seems to be ports/130634, waiting for ports/128757 to be
> committed. The latter one is MySQL embedded and has not seen any
> activity in almost a month. Is it just that the MySQL port maintainer is
> unresponsive or are there some issues that need to be addressed? If
> there are problems that need fixing, I am willing to help. I would
> really love to see Amarok 2 in ports so I can ditch my entire KDE 3
> installation.

As far as I know, we're just waiting on the mysql-embedded port
updates.  You're welcome to test with the patches included in the PR's
you've referenced and report your results.  I've tested the ports on a
couple different platforms (amd64 and i386 on 8-CURRENT and 7-STABLE)
and haven't noticed any problems.  But, I am admittedly not an Amarok
power-user so additional testing couldn't hurt.

Matt