[kde-freebsd] Juk 3.2.1 problem solved; Desktop effects problem

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Thu Feb 12 21:03:18 CET 2009

Hi all,

Just wanted to mention that thanks to a post on the freebsd-x11
mailing list I was able to get desktop effects working on my Intel
graphics box.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2009-
February/007516.html

Anyways, not sure if that'll work on my nVidia box, but I'll be fooling
around with it when I get home.

Cheers,
DMK

On February 12, 2009 11:18:00 am Dwayne MacKinnon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Well, I upgraded a second box to 4.2, this time using the committed
> ports. I ran into the same problem with juk that I'd encountered
before.
> I continued experimenting though, and found that the problem went
> away when I switched phonon to use the gstreamer back-end
instead
> of the xine one.
>
> Now, my main complaint about 4.2 is that I can't seem to enable
> Desktop Effects. On both of my boxes, I had Desktop Effects working
> using XRender. One has an Intel 82945G (945G GMCH) graphics,
the
> other has a nVidia 7300 running the latest nvidia driver. Neither one
> will start up desktop effects in 4.2, either through XRender or
OpenGL.