[kde-freebsd] kdelibs4 and shared-mime-info

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Wed Aug 19 22:05:07 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 19 August 2009 10:39:33 am Dorian Büttner wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> on one of my test machines I removed all ports and started from scratch.
> When it came to build kde4 from metaport, it stopped in kdelibs4 due to
> the
> following-REQUIRED-packages-could-not-be-found-on-your-system-:-shared-mime
>-info->0.3-issue we encounter every now and then.
>
> It should propably be listed in the build-deps?
>
> To not make a secret out of it, I installed before (with their
> dependencies):
> - pam-/nss-ldap
> - portupgrade
> - python26
> - libtool22
> - some x11-drivers (nouveau, mouse, keyboard), xinit
> - perl5.10
> - and qt-4.5.2 of course
>
> Anyone else ' seen that before? I believe kde4-shared-mime-info already
> passed the build, so wondering why it would ignore it's r-deps...

I have only seen messages like that using portupgrade when it installed a
package that had been built using an older version of a port. It would load
the older dependancy package and then stop when it tried to install something
that actually tested which version was installed. If you build them from
source like I do like I do on my kde4 machine, I didn't have problems. It was
when I tried to use the packages on my slower machine that I had problems.

I don't have any other idea.

When I forced things, portupgrade would actually ignore conflicts and install
both of the packages. Things got really messy then such as dependancy links
were horribly broken.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart