[kde-freebsd] KDE 4.3 First Test Results

Hannes Hauswedell list_kde-freebsd at soulrebel.in-berlin.de
Wed Aug 19 12:17:23 CEST 2009

Hi Martin,

> > The issues I encountered (note that I used packages where
> > available):
> >
> > 1) Many settings got lost on upgrade, and some are broken. I had
> > this with previous releases as well. E.g. in some apps settings for
> > custom toolbar are not applied (they show correctly in the
> > config-dialog but the defaults are shown in the app). Also no way
> > to change these settings (the app always show default setup). Only
> > way to "reset" this is to delete config-files which I rather would
> > not.

Something like this was never reported yet? I had it on the last
releases as well. It is very annoying, because I don't want to delete,
kopete's or dolphin's settings…

> > 2) The Widget used in SystemSettings and for all config-dialogs
> > (compareable to tab-view) has no icons.
> >
> > I have attaches to screenshots, showing the problems.
>
> The Icon problem was reported few days/weeks ago,
>
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-freebsd/2009-August/006227.html
>
> maybe it help you also.

When I have time I will rebuild those packages. Maybe something moved
between packages and got removed during upgrade.

> > 3) No video with phonon. I already replaced the Qt-Phonon with KDE-
> > Phonon and installed the xine-plugin which is detected correctly.
> > Sound works, but video doesnt. Dragon-Player just shows busy cursor
> > when trying to play a video. HTML5-Sound in Arora works, though
> > which is already pretty cool.
>
> have you all dependency on phonon rebuilded?

Well, I can't rebuild ports requiring phonon, because they want qt4-
phonon and I have (kde-)phonon. This situation is really akward, is
there any chance of having one phonon-port in the future? Maybe make a
configure-option on qt4-phonon, that enables kde-support?

Somehow playing videos with Dragon now works. It still doesn't work
inside webkit, though.

Thanks for your help,
Regards,
Hannes