[kde-freebsd] kdemultimedia 4.3 and pulseaudio

Dima Panov fluffy at Fluffy.Khv.RU
Fri Aug 7 04:26:53 CEST 2009

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 03:24:03 +0200, Alberto Villa wrote
> On Friday 07 August 2009 03:15:49 Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> > I don't see the problem. You built kdemultimedia with it installed for
> > the first time, so the binaries and/or libraries depended on it; then
> > you just rebuilt kdemultimedia without pulseaudio and removed the
> > dependencies.
>
> yes, it's not a big problem actually, but it shouldn't work that
> way. if a package is linked to a library, it has to depend on it, or
> you'll get crashes here and there. other kde packages (used to)
>  handle problems like this, where cmake doesn't provide something
> like a --disable-this in a ./configure

Early was exist patch, which completely cut pulseaudio detection by cmake if
it not allowed with kdenase4-runtime, so any kde application will not be
linked with pulse libs.

If this policy is acceptable by community, patch can be rusurrected :)

--
Dmitry "Red Fox" Panov @ Home | KDE at FreeBSD Team | FreeBSD since September
1995