[kde-freebsd] portupgrade to 4.3.0 -- preliminary UPDATING notes?

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Thu Aug 6 16:34:10 CEST 2009

Jan Henrik Sylvester wrote:
> Martin Wilke wrote:
>> I hope i find later today a bit time to write the UPDATING.
>
> Is the UPDATING by makc supposed to cover it all?
>
> In addition to qt4-dbus-4.4.3, qt4-designer-4.4.3, and phonon-4.3.1_1,
> which are in UPDATING, and lzmautils-4.32.7 and qt-3.3.8_10, which I
> mentioned earlier and which are not in UPDATING, some files seem to have
> gone from kdepim4 to pdepim4-runtime, thus kdepim4 has to be removed
> before the portupgrade, too. Moreover, kdeutils4 did fail for me on the
> first attempt, but would build on the second after removing the old
> version.
>
> In total, these were the packages that hindered my build:
> qt4-dbus-4.4.3
> qt4-designer-4.4.3
> phonon-4.3.1_1
> lzmautils-4.32.7
> kdepim-4.2.4_1
> kdeutils-4.2.4_1
> qt-3.3.8_10 (from qt3)

And still, the installed packages were broken: I tried to 'pkg_create
-b' all the kde4 packages, but quite a few files were missing. I had to
rebuild:
kde4-icons-oxygen-4.3.0
kdepimlibs-4.3.0
kdelibs-4.3.0
kdebase-runtime-4.3.0

After that, I was able to build packages and transfer KDE 4.3 to another
machine. I guess I am done. :-)

I guess there were more files shuffled between the kde4 packages. If
that is correct, UPDATING should contain a similar note as with the
4.1.4 to 4.2.0 update -- that all kde4 packages should be removed and
reinstalled after a portupgrade of qt4.

BTW: ktorrent just crashes, even after a rebuild, while amarok2 seems to
be fine.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik