[kde-freebsd] [CFT] QT-4.5.1 testers wanted

Oliver Heesakkers kdefreebsd at heesakkers.info
Thu Apr 30 21:48:02 CEST 2009

On Thursday 30 April 2009 18:17:34 David Johnson wrote:
> On Thursday 30 April 2009 04:19:13 am Oliver Heesakkers wrote:
> > I have succesfully rebuild my kde 4.2.2 with the new qt4-phonon 4.5.1 as
> > well, I only had to symlink /usr/local/include/qt4/phonon
> > to /usr/local/include/qt4/Phonon
>
> Sounds like a quick and easy fix that won't have any side effects. Is your
> KDE multimedia working fine?

I'm no(t much of a) coder, so I have to ask: is that a hint of sarcasm I
detect?

Like Alberto, I don't have a reference, since I usually use Xine, VLC and
Amarok 1.4.

So I installed kmplayer-kde4 from /usr/ports/multimedia.

Three options are presented to me as backend: mplayer, Ice Ape and Phonon.

Using mplayer everything is fine:
http://www.heesakkers.info/showandtell/kmplayer_mplayer.txt

Using Ice Ape the video will not play, just gives up right away:
http://www.heesakkers.info/showandtell/kmplayer_ice_ape.txt

Using Phonon the video seems to start buffering, but never gets beyond that:
http://www.heesakkers.info/showandtell/kmplayer_phonon.txt

The Amarok 2 build fails for me too:
http://www.heesakkers.info/showandtell/amarok2buildfail.txt