[kde-freebsd] Qt 4.5 and GNU iconv [SOLUTION]

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 21:40:16 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 07 April 2009 21:41:28 David Johnson wrote:
> > SOLUTION 2:
> > The attached files restore the behaviour of the previous code. This
> > probably will result in a performance loss (but remain par with Qt4.4.3).
> > Since the changes are isolated to those two files and the API has not
> > changed (for QTextCodec) this should not negatively affect anything. I've
> > tested this with qtdemo and everything works fine.
>
> It looks like you restored the 4.4.3 implementation. That may be the best
> way to go for the immediate future. I would rather see it get fixed in the
> sources, however, but Nokia is not going to accept a patch that rolls back
> to 4.4.3.

Yes, I think it is more important to get Qt 4.5 into ports ASAP then waste
time fixing this problem.  This problem could be fixed later?

Please see the attached patch that fixes devel/qt4-corelib (and thus Qt4.5 and
libiconv).  The patch tests fine with "# port test" [although I had to alter
it slightly to get PREFIX obeyed].

Could someone please commit this to area51.  (Or point out what is wrong with
it?)