[kde-freebsd] New Port for Testing: Amarok2

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 16:33:56 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:

> Right now Dorian Buettner is working on a new cut of the amarok2 port, with
> the latest beta they've released. Dorian, would you like to send over to the
> list what you have at this point, and maybe we can all take a look at it and
> help you fix up any remaining issues.

Here's what I've been working with for beta 2:
Amarok2 beta port - http://www.datahead.org/amarok2-beta2_port.tar.bz2
Updated libmtp port needed for Amarok2 beta -
http://www.datahead.org/libmtp-0.3.1_port.tar.bz2

These both build cleanly in a tinderbox environment, but the Amarok
port seems to have trouble building on my workstation which has KDE3
installed on it in addition to KDE4.  It links against a qt3 lib
(/usr/local/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.8) and then segfaults on startup.  I'm
sure there is a way to fix that, but it's beyond what I know how to
do.