[kde-freebsd] KDE 4.1 slowdowns

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Sep 3 00:13:32 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 02 September 2008 20:22:59 Andy Fawcett wrote:
> > A good example would be when using a program which runs kdesu, 95% of
> > the time it works perfectly, but occasionally i'll run kdesu, and it

There was a thread about kdesu issues on -core-devel just last week. There may
be issues there.

> > can take 45 seconds to a minute to even bring up the dialog, when it
> > normally takes less than a second. (this is on a dual-core system,
> > with nothing else running on it)

What comes to mind here is dbus timeouts. Sometimes things seem to be out of
sync.

> I noticed a huge memleak in kwin the other day, causing my system to
> slowdown and swap. Haven't managed to reproduce this yet though.

How about mouseover on Plasmoids when they're not locked ? I get some serious
choppiness in X when the handles fade out again, but that might just be my
non-FreeBSD system -- I haven't run it on a reasonable FreeBSD system
recently.