[kde-freebsd] KDE4 useability

Outback Dingo outbackdingo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 15:00:20 CET 2008

I downloaded and extracted the area51 cvs and ran make install i x11/kde4
all went well and installed in /usr/local/kde4

running startx did bring up kde4 the first time, but every succesive attmept
at restarting kde4 fails with various cant connect to dbus messages, dbus is
installed and running also. So Im finding it (KDE4) quite unusable, are you
having the same issues, or did i miss something???

kwin: Fatal IO error: client killed
ksmserver: Fatal IO error: client killed
finished PLL1
Entering Restore TV
Restore TV PLL
Restore TVHV
Restore TV Restarts
Restore Timing Tables
Restore TV standard
Leaving Restore TV
FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" refcount is 3, should be
2; f
ixing.
xinit:  connection to X server lost.
Hangup
GOT SIGHUP
Could not connect to D-Bus server: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound:
Fail
ed to connect to socket /var/tmp/dbus-nrEhL5B3Gu: No such file or directory
startkde: Shutting down...
> kdeinit4_wrapper: Warning: connect(/home/dingo/.kde/socket-
misery.optimlabs.co
m/kdeinit4__0) failed: : No such file or directory
Error: Can't contact kdeinit4!
startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
kdeinit4: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit4: Exit.

kdeinit4: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit4: Exit.
finished PLL2
finished PLL1
Entering Restore TV
Restore TV PLL
Restore TVHV
Restore TV Restarts
Restore Timing Tables
Restore TV standard
Leaving Restore TV
FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" refcount is 3, should be
2; f
ixing.
xinit:  connection to X server lost.
Hangup
GOT SIGHUP
Could not connect to D-Bus server: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound:
Fail
ed to connect to socket /var/tmp/dbus-oBP5D3IEJF: No such file or directory