[kde-freebsd] K3B device issue

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 9 11:31:38 CET 2008

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 19:49:07 -0600
"Don Wilde" <dwilde1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, all -
>
> I have a 6.3-STABLE system on a Dell Inspiron 6000. My problem is
> that K3B is not recognizing my DVD device although it's clear in
> dmesg. I have aloased the device acd0 to dvd and rdvd
> via /etc/devfs.conf (and a reboot) as described in the Handbook. My
> kernel has both ATAPI and SCSI command drivers enabled, and I can
> mount data DVDs to the filesystem satisfactorily.
>
> I know it can work, because DesktopBSD was able to set it up properly
> using the same raw codebase.
>
> What have I not done correctly? The k3b site has no help, and I looked
> through the last four months of your mailing list archives without
> success. Sorry if this is distracting you from useful work, and
> thanks in advance!!!

Did you do all that pkg-message tell you to ? Do you have cam support ?

Check your kernel/klds for
# SCSI peripherals
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required for SCSI)
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          cd              # CD
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)
and cam.

Please start k3b from the console and if it doesn't provide you enough
hints to find the problem post the output here together with your
kernel config, kldstat and ll /dev/cd*