[kde-freebsd] kdegames 4.0.80

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Jun 19 23:00:02 CEST 2008

On Thursday 19 June 2008, Kris Moore wrote:
> >> Also, has anybody else noted the bug with konsole, how it starts, but a
> >> session never comes up? Is this a bug in 4.0.80, or something which
> >> we'll need to fix in the port?
> >
> > That's true, konsole from 4.0.80 is broken (4.0.3 was fine)
> > We can wait for 4.1-beta2 and check may be the problem was fixed already
> > :)
>
> Ahh, OK good to know. I won't waste a lot of time on it then, since
> it'll probably be fixed in the next release.

Was the problem actually reported to Robert? Given the titchy nature of ptys
and the issues around testing the code, if he doesn't know about it things
are likely to just get worse. On Solaris, for instance, all the Konsole pty
handling code didn't compile at all anymore.

There's definitely dragons in that code.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot