[kde-freebsd] Qt4 prefix

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Jun 16 15:42:29 CEST 2008

David Johnson wrote:
> On Sunday 15 June 2008 11:27:23 pm David Johnson wrote:
>> According to Trolltech support, and Thiago, the Qt headers *must* come
>> before any system headers. If it doesn't, then this is an error with the
>> KDE cmake files. Trolltech and KDE are not going to support the FreeBSD way
>> of doing things. Qt3 and Qt4 cannot live together in the same QTDIR.
>
> To clarify, /usr/local/include/QtCore must come before /usr/local/include. It
> is possible to fix cmake/KDE to ensure this, but we can also avoid the
> problem in ports.
>
> I am only experimenting with this, and only because I want to see KDE4 on
> FreeBSD sometime this year. If no one wants it, then it doesn't get
> committed.

We of course are all for seeing KDE4 in ports sooner rather than later,
I say lets figure out what it takes to make this happen, and go for it!
I'm currently re-tasking our build server to build our next release of
PC-BSD7 with KDE4 from Area51, so we can test with it, and work on
porting our utilities over to QT4. The sooner QT 3/4 gets sorted out,
the better.

--

Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software