[kde-freebsd] News on Performance-Problems

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Sun Jul 27 18:38:45 CEST 2008

On Sunday 27 July 2008 06:28:11 am Hannes Hauswedell wrote:
> Performance is bugged on FreeBSD and a low-level Qt-Performance-Problem
> could explain many of the problems we are encountering. E.g. JuK takes
> 5minutes to even show the application window on my system :(

I am not seeing this. My results:

Test 1: create 2M connections
started at 09:34:53
finished at 09:35:01

 I have noticed some definite slowness to KDE4, but it is not in startup but
in actual performance. JuK starts up just as fast as any other program. In
terms of pure Qt4 ports, I have seen no slowdown at all (though there are
some definite bugs in 4.4.0).

--
David Johnson