[kde-freebsd] area51/x11/kdelibs4 notes

Tilman Linneweh arved at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 23 11:30:17 CET 2008

* David Johnson [2008-01-23 09:26]:
> In the Makefile, the QT_COMPONENTS list seemed awfully sparse. So I
> looked at what ldd told me about the dependencies. I have attached
> patch for Makefile.  It might also be necessary to add the
> iconengines, imageformats and inputmethods components.

Thanks!

> I also notice that quite a few of the libraries are linked with
> KDE3/Qt3!  Example is kio_file.so. This doesn't sound right at all. I
> get this building by hand as well, outside of the port. I'll need to
> investigate.

Yeah, David Naylor reported this first, and i have seen this too.

There are too possible causes:

1. the order of the -L flags, -L/usr/local/lib needs to be last, or at
least behind /usr/local/kde4/lib.  Unfortunately I have not yet found
the offending code in the cmake files. Should be easy fixable for
someone with more cmake knowledge than me.

2. Some of the library versions of KDE3 are higher then their
correspondent in KDE4, e.g. libkdecore.so.6 in KDE3 vs. libkdecore.so.5
in KDE4. This needs a bit more work to fix.

regards arved