[kde-freebsd] area51/desktutils/strigi testing

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Tue Jan 22 05:21:43 CET 2008

On Monday 21 January 2008, Tilman Linneweh wrote:
> There is a port of strigiapplet in area51, which is a KDE3 application.
> But so far i was not able to get it to work, because either the daemon
> crashed or the applet was unusable.

It won't build for me. The problem must be related to my build environment,
but I can't figure it out.I am trying to keep area51 ports in a separate
PREFIX, to avoid contamination on my working system. So I am using
a /workspace/area1 directory. (The area51 ports tree is also separate from my
main ports tree). Here is my environment:

export AREA51=/workspace/area51
export PREFIX=$AREA51
export PORTSDIR=$AREA51/area51
export PATH=$AREA51/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$AREA51/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/workspace/area51/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Strigiapplet will not build, with an error that it can't find strigi (which is
correctly installed). I have tracked the problem down to CMAKE_INSTALL_PATH.
This is set in the Makefile with:

CMAKE_ARGS=     -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=DEBUG \
                -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=${PREFIX} \

But the ${PREFIX} is getting replaced with "/usr/local". When building,
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is set to /usr/local. But echoing ${PREFIX} shows the
correct /workspace/area51. This has me stumped. I strongly suspect this
problem will arise on all other cmake ports with dependencies outside
of /usr/local. Does anyone have any clues?

Thanks,

--
David Johnson