[kde-freebsd] kdesupport weirdness

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Fri Feb 8 21:21:05 CET 2008

Besides testing the 4.0.1 ports, I am also building KDE4 trunk in a separate
hiearchy. Suddenly I've discovered that the two do not like living together.
This is due to cmake finding multiple locations for a library.

When I have the kdesupport trunk  installed under /workspace/kde, and
kdesupport ports installed (strigi, soprano, qimageblitz) in /usr/local,
then cmake gets confused by seeing them both. It sees them both
because /usr/local will always be in the path. LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not fix
this. This breaks kdebase and anything else dependent on those libraries.

Sorry, but I don't have any output to show. But it makes me wonder if the
kdesupport ports should be installed to /usr/local/kde4 along with the other
kde4 libraries.

--
David Johnson