[kde-freebsd] Amarok2 port available for testing

Alberto Villa villa.alberto at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 03:38:31 CET 2008

On Friday 12 December 2008 18:34:13 Matt wrote:
> I've updated the Amarok 2 port that's been shared on this list
> previously so that it builds for the recently released version 2 (see
> attached shell archive).  This port builds cleanly in a tinderbox and
> doesn't show any errors with portlint, so hopefully it works
> reasonably well for other.

thanks! works fine here! but why not to use the -kde4 syntax? almost every
kde4 port uses it. just to be more coherent with the ports tree:
PORTNAME=			amarok
PKGNAMESUFFIX=	-kde4

> Note: Amarok 2 depends on an embedded version of MySQL.  I've
> submitted a PR (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=128757)
> requesting that embedded MySQL be added to the ports tree, but in the
> interim you will have to manually add this embedded MySQL port to your
> tree.  There is a sample filed with the PR that works for MySQL
> version 5.1.

i got an error while building this. i got a crash after that, and lost the
log. it reported a wrong diff between include/mysql.h.pp and ./SOMETHING
i solved the issue adding #include <stdlib.h> as first line in
include/mysql.h.pp
sorry for not being more precise

anyway i think mysql51-embedded (or amarok?) should have a dependency set on
mysql51-server... amarok failed to configure because it couldn't find mysqld
running... i think that something like this is also needed (in amarok):
pre-configure:
	/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server start
i usually have mysql running, but luckily i didn't turn it on after installing
mysql51-server, so i could get this issue

regards
--
Alberto Villa <villa.alberto at gmail.com>