[kde-freebsd] FreeBSD 6.4 DVD are processing

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Dec 5 12:38:33 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 02:26 -0800, Murray Stokely wrote:
> FYI the KDE package for 7.1 is also uninstallable due to this issue.
> Is someone looking at this so we have an installable KDE from freebsd
> 7.1 media?

Sorry, I hadn't caught that in my testing because its KDE-3 we put on
the ISO images, not KDE-4.  I asked at the beginning of the release
cycle which of the two was most appropriate and I was told to stick with
KDE-3.

So it's not quite as big a deal as you're suggesting here.  The media as
we've produced them work fine.  If you do a network based install and
specifically choose KDE-4 instead of KDE-3 then its a problem.

FWIW during my testing of the builds once we get to the point we're
including packages in the test builds I install Gnome, KDE, and a couple
misc. things (xchat, rsync, portupgrade, xv, and xemacs typically)
during the install and post-install verify that I can at least get into
both Gnome and KDE.  Whether I exercise the machine any farther than
that depends on a variety of things...

--
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu