[kde-freebsd] Phonon-issues

Hannes Hauswedell list_kde-freebsd at soulrebel.in-berlin.de
Thu Aug 28 19:31:23 CEST 2008

On Thursday 28 August 2008 19:13:36 Hannes Hauswedell wrote:
> So here I go again:
>
> I have been using JuK for a while now and it mostly played my music.
> However dragon never played video, it always told me:
>
> dragonplayer(32234)/phonon (xine backend): No xine video output plugin
> using libxcb for threadsafe access to the X server found. No video for you.
>
> libxine is built with xcb-support.

I have to correct myself. libxine apperantly was not built with xcb-
support...probably a binary pakcage slipped in during the last upgrade.
BTW: maybe libxcb-support should be a default option for libxine, since kde
requires it... Has anyone spoken with the maintainers?

The other issues remain. I can't play certain mp3s without being afraid of
losing my speakers or my hearing ;) :(