[kde-freebsd] Phonon-issues

Hannes Hauswedell list_kde-freebsd at soulrebel.in-berlin.de
Thu Aug 28 19:13:36 CEST 2008

So here I go again:

I have been using JuK for a while now and it mostly played my music. However
dragon never played video, it always told me:

dragonplayer(32234)/phonon (xine backend): No xine video output plugin using
libxcb for threadsafe access to the X server found. No video for you.

libxine is built with xcb-support. This isnt a real issue though because I
mostly use vlc-devel for video-watching which has a nice qt4-gui as well.

The main problem is that playback of certain MP3-files is pretty bad (sounds
like low quality although quality of file is ok). This doesnt happen on all
MP3S and not on vorbis.

So I thought I'd switch to gstreamer-backend for a try. That one is completely
broken, though. I installed all of the plugins but couldn't even make dragon
play a vorbis file. It would simply do nothing after I pressed play. JuK won't
play anything either. And there are no system sounds....

So, did anyone get gstreamer working as backend? Or does anyone know how other
free backends are progressing? mplayer, vlc?

Thanks
Hannes