[kde-freebsd] ports/126820: [patch] devel/qt4-moc refuses to configure/compile

Volker volker at vwsoft.com
Mon Aug 25 19:35:54 CEST 2008

On 08/25/08 15:55, Andrew Fawcett wrote:
> On Monday 25 August 2008 16:45:08 Martin Wilke wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 01:34:23PM +0000, vwe at FreeBSD.org wrote:
>>> Synopsis: [patch] devel/qt4-moc refuses to configure/compile
>>>
>>> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
>>> State-Changed-By: vwe
>>> State-Changed-When: Mon Aug 25 13:34:02 UTC 2008
>>> State-Changed-Why:
>> Note: we solved all via privat mail.
>
> Please add a note to say this to the PR, for completeness.

I forgot to file a comment while closing the PR (did that under stress).

But a mailing list posting has been done 14 minutes before you've
complained about that (I think the posting might have been put on hold
by the mailing list moderators).

Again, the problem was caused by a global environment variable set to a
wrong value (I even doubt about the need of setting this globally but
somebody else in our company thought it might be a good idea).

For the archives, the solution to "your compiler/system is not
supported" messages are:

- unset the environment variable QMAKESPEC or
- set it to the correct value /usr/local/share/qt4/mkspecs/freebsd-g++
(only for FreeBSD, of course ;) or
- change the line "^QMAKESPEC?=" to "^QMAKESPEC=" in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.qt.mk

also the following may be used as one-timers:

bourne users:

QMAKESPEC=/usr/local/share/qt4/mkspecs/freebsd-g++ \
 (cd /usr/ports/devel/$ANYQTPORT; make install clean)

cshell users:

setenv QMAKESPEC /usr/local/share/qt4/mkspecs/freebsd-g++; \
 cd $ANYQTPORT ; make install clean

or even unset QMAKESPEC before. This may also be used with portupgrade
instead of "make install clean". One may find many more ways to fix this
if it's clear to get into this problem if it's just a QMAKESPEC problem.

I think more users will run into this if they're also using cmake. The
setting used to get cmake running "QMAKESPEC=freebsd-g++" was bad for
the FreeBSD ports system. I guess more cmake users might have such a
(global) setting causing their portupgrade to fail. Hopefully they'll
find this message in the archives.

Andrew, I hope this explanation fits your needs :)

Volker