[kde-freebsd] ports/126820: [patch] devel/qt4-moc refuses to configure/compile

VWerth vwerth at vwsoft.com
Mon Aug 25 16:10:08 CEST 2008

The following reply was made to PR ports/126820; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: VWerth <vwerth at vwsoft.com>
To: makc at issp.ac.ru
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org, volker at vwsoft.com
Subject: Re: ports/126820: [patch] devel/qt4-moc refuses to
         configure/compile
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:41:01 +0200

 Max Brazhnikov writes:

 > It builds fine on tinderbox. Something is wrong on your side.
 > See kde-freebsd mail list for details:
 > http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-freebsd/2008-August/003360.html
 >
 > Max

 Max,

 thanks and please take my apologies. In the end this problem turned out to
 be caused by an environment variable.

 A colleague changed the global profile and cshrc files on the build
 machine to set QMAKESPEC to freebsd-g++ (wrong). This caused all QT4 ports
 to fail. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of the global profile change.

 New lesson learned: Do not let others change anything in your build
 environment. It may take your hours...

 I've already closed the PR as it's obsolete.

 Thanks,

 Volker