[kde-freebsd] Qt palette problem

Hannes Hauswedell list_kde-freebsd at soulrebel.in-berlin.de
Sun Aug 24 15:39:51 CEST 2008

On Sunday 24 August 2008 06:57:17 David Johnson wrote:
> This may be related to Hannes color problem. I'm using KDE 3.5.9 and am not
> sure if this is new to 3.5.8, and am not sure if it's just FreeBSD. Anyway,
> it appears that KDE is not "exporting" its color palette correctly.
>
> I want to check that other people are seeing this before I log it as a bug.

I do not have any KDE3 left on this machine so I cant check that now.

> Disabled push buttons and comboboxes are being drawn as if they are active.
> KDE applications are fine, but plain-Qt apps are not drawing buttons/combos
> correctly. In a non-KDE windowmanager (windomaker, fluxbox, etc) there is
> no problem, only under KDE (I haven't tried KDE4.1 yet). Look at the
> qtconfig app for an example. Change the palette to disabled and see if the
> button colors change. On my system they are not "graying" out.

On a side not: My problem is harder to track because qtconfig depends on qt4-
phonen and therefore conflicts kde. Could someone make qt4-qtconfig available
without phonen support? Or add a configure-option to build with kde-phonon?

Ideally the make-system should figure out which phonon is installed and not use
the hardcoded QT_COMPONENTS....

Greetings
Hannes