[kde-freebsd] kdeutils3 build broken on HEAD..

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sat Aug 16 23:17:58 CEST 2008

On Saturday 16 August 2008, David Schultz wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2008, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> >   Additions of some (and not all) long functions have been
> >   breaking ports that just perform cursory checks for a couple
> >   of long functions and then think they have access to them
> >   all.
>
> The last time this issue was brought to my attention, the problem
> port was also a part of KDE, by the way. It might be a good idea
> to talk to the KDE developers about it so they don't keep
> replicating the same mistake.

Agreed. The checks have traditionally assumed the presence of all the
functions in a family of *l-suffixed ones. Whenever I've noticed, I've added
checks upstream. Please do submit a bug report at bugs.kde.org with the OS
set to FreeBSD - I check those periodically and clean up / fix up what's
needed.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot