[kde-freebsd] Port: misc/kdeutils4

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Fri Aug 15 18:42:15 CEST 2008

On Thursday 14 August 2008 10:57:11 pm Cody Frazier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While building this port I came across a possible required dependency
> that is not listed as a dependency in the description. This port
> requires |/usr/ports/archivers/libarchive to build properly on my
> system.I didn't save the output but it stopped with an error when I
> tried to compile it. However, the output referenced libarchive so after
> building this port I was able to build kdeutils4 without a problem.
> Using 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE #0.

libarchive has two versions, one in the base FreeBSD system, and one in ports.
I recall an issue with this several months ago. 7.0 has the correct
libarchive for kdeutils4. I think 6.3 might as well, but perhaps 6.2 does
not. So perhaps we need to make it a dependency for older releases.

--
David Johnson