[kde-freebsd] FreeBSD Port: kde

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Sat Apr 19 21:48:44 CEST 2008

On Saturday 19 April 2008, Vincent wrote:
> That is what I thought also, but I guess that is changing or has changed
> in the FreeBSD camp.  I recently posted a problem in this list trying to
> compile KDE4 on Dragonfly BSD, which is also a FreeBSD branch.  The only
> response I got was
>
>     "We don't support DF here."

Whereas PC-BSD is really FreeBSD underneath, Dragonfly BSD is not. It is a
separate OS, with a different kernel and libc. The differences in libc could
be causing the breakage in iconv.

Dragonfly BSD also has a different ports tree than we do. I would suggest
contacting the maintainer of the DF KDE ports, if they have one.

--
David Johnson