[kde-freebsd] non-linear arts playback

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnisec.de
Sun Sep 23 15:19:51 CEST 2007

Dear KDE maintainers,

I have problems with arts playback since KDE 3.5.7
Before I could perfectly use any KDE application to liten to my music but
since KDE 3.5.7 programs like noatune or amarok are skipping samples.
When playing back, also the time counter jumps together with the sound.
I guess the jumps are about a quarter of a second.
When using OSS programs like mplayer I don't have that problem, so I don't
think it has anything to do with my sound hardware.
I also discovered this problamy on every other machine I set up since KDE
3.5.7 (some UP, some SMP, some SCHED_4BSD, some SCHED_ULDE, that doesn't
matter)

I guess this is a known problem to you, so I'd like to ask if you have some
patches for me to test.

Thnaks,

-Harry