[kde-freebsd] [ADMIN] Change in mailing list setup

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 07:19:37 CET 2007

Hi,

Because someone reported this list address to Spamcop as a spreader of spam,
it has been decided to make this list moderated for non-members. This
situation will probably stay forever, unfortunately.

What this means is:

1. I get (much) more work to do as list admin. I get to manually approve all
the mails that come through from non-members such as the PR system mails, the
general queries to kde at freebsd (which forwards to this list).

2. You might get a message saying your mail is waiting for approval, if you
send it with a different address to your subscription address. To avoid this,
you should subscribe with all the addresses you might use, and set "no mail"
on any that you don't want to receive list mail to.

3. Anyone can subscribe to the list (and therefore send unmoderated mail).
We're not making it a gentlemen's club or anything like that.

I'm sorry these steps have had to be taken because some idiot reported the
list address as a spammer. The cold hard facts are that there are a lot of
spams out there seemingly coming from this list that have never been near a
freebsd.org or kde.org server, and there is NOTHING we can do about that.

Oh, if the person who reported the list to Spamcop is subscribed here, I would
just like to say "thanks asshole" for all the trouble you've caused. Please
go away and don't come back.

Andy

Andy Fawcett                                     | andy at athame.co.uk
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap at lspace.org